Today I thought I'd share a few things that I have learned from my 14 months of planning our wedding.
This I know to be true......
1. "YOU HAVE TIME FOR THAT". Do not con yourself. You DO NOT have time for that. Anything that can be done early, no matter what it is, should be. I swore I would not be that bride running around crazy the week before the wedding. I have found myself completing things that could have been done months ago yet months ago " I HAD TIME BEFORE I NEEDED TO DO THAT" Remove that statement out of your vocabulary. Some things have to be done the week of, a lot do not. I will be doing things until Friday ..at.. least... and I truly don't have time for that!
2. Something will go wrong, just remember, it could be worse and roll with it.
3. After a year of planning, your brain will hurt from decisions and questions.Truly forming words is taxing.
4.Have a plan "B" for everything. Murphy's law will allow you to not need it.
5. If you are DIYing things.. give yourself time.. do it right.. if you don't have the time, order it on Etsy and be done with it.
6. Cherish the last days of crazy, it will all be over in a few short precious hours.
7. Vow that after your ceremony, you and your hubby will steal away for a few moments together and cherish that moment.
8.Drink red wine through a straw the week of the wedding so that it doesn't stain your teeth that you have been whitening religiously.
9. Prepare to have the best day ever!!!!
I'll see you on the flip side of the wedding everyone!!!!!